Monday 17 March 2014

REVIEW: Irresistible Me Silky Touch Hair Extensions


Irresistible Me is an American company that sells 100% human hair extensions, they offer reasonably priced hair and shipping is free for purchases over $150 USD ($10 otherwise). Over the Valentine's season they were having a sale across all products on their website. If you spent $100, $10 off, $150, $20 off and so on. 

I have been wanting real human hair extensions for the longest time but didn't know which ones to get online. I've heard mixed reviews about the Bellami hair extensions and they were in the $200-$300 price range so I jumped the gun and just bought these cause of the sale!

Now there are two different types of hair extensions on Irresistible Me, Silky Touch and Royal Remy. The starting price for Silky Touch hair is $69 and $129 for Royal Remy. Yes, quite a huge difference! The site says that the Royal Remy's are a much higher quality and should last you a long loooooong time (forever?). Unfortunately for me I'm not super rich and only had a $150 budget so I went with the Silky Touch line. I'll come back for the Royal Remy's next time...

The great thing about Irresistible Me is that you get to choose the length AND weight of the extensions you want. I knew I wanted long mermaid hair so I chose to go with 22" (the second longest) and 200g (the thickest) for the weight. The weight you choose depends on your hair type, If you have thick hair like me you will need to go for thicker extensions to help blend them. If you're in doubt always go thicker. Chances are you realise that they weren't as thick as you thought they were. 

I chose the colour Chocolate Brown since currently my hair is black/brown. Do not break the security seal if you chose the wrong colour/weight/length. This is because you can send it back for exchange, they do not accept exchanges if it is broken. For the US/Canada exchanges are free, for other countries it is not. If you do not know which colour you are pick the lighter one as you can always dye the extensions.

All up, Silky touch, 22", 200g, Chocolate Brown extensions cost me $160 but with the promo it came down to $140 (I still got free shipping).

It took two weeks to arrive from China (I was expecting them to come from the US) via FedEx and was packaged in a large envelope. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment